It must be said, I do love a bit of suede now and again. I sometimes long to to the whole double denim thing like Britney and Justin but wearing suede instead. Perhaps one day I will do that for the sake of my 90s childhood.
The photos above were taken on one of my many adventures to London. Though this time, it was not for gigs or intense retail therapy, instead it was the chore of house hunting and university searching which is a grueling task I assure you. Typically the overcast reasonably warm day suddenly turned rather cold as the day went on, so I was a bit resentful that I had fearlessly opted for bare legs. My outfit was kept minimalist but frustratingly, I was unable to photograph my favourite part of the look. As I mentioned above, suede wins over denim for me but the combination of both is the best of both worlds and what I attempt to strive for when planning most outfits. I completed the look with a cropped light blue denim jacket that I have owned since I was a child. I'm not even sure of its origins but it is most likely from a standard high street store at a price a 10 year old child could afford. Over the years, I have bombarded it with patches. I am undecided how I feel towards patches; they make me cringe a little bit but at the same time, they're my pride and joy in life. Does anyone else feel like this too? My denim jacket is swarmed in Led Zeppelin patches and oh, how I love it and the L.Z related comments it receives. The jacket itself pretty much sparks great conversation and on occasion, I have even found myself serenaded by groups of happy souls singing L.Z. songs at me. However, I must restrain myself from going overboard and resist putting patches over every item I own.
Farewell for now my friends.
X
Such a lovely combo! I love styling suede pieces, and denim jackets can last forever!
ReplyDeleteSummer x
http://the-twins-wardrobe.blogspot.com/
Thank you! Cannot get enough of suede! I lost my beloved suede skirt to the mud of Glastonbury festival last summer and I'm still so heartbroken.
DeleteMuch love x