I am a firm believer
that dedicating time to pampering ourselves is a way to secure happiness. Yet with busy
lifestyles, finding the time often proves a challenging task. We find ourselves
taking short cuts, making our beauty regimes less thorough and as a result, we
often fall into dark gloomy traits that prove more problematic than helpful. I
have vowed to myself to start afresh this year. Yes, I am following the theme
of a new me, new start attitude, jumping on the New Year’s resolution band
wagon. It is important to focus on ourselves, to nourish our skin, to indulge in the simple things and to regularly find time to enjoy moments of relaxation. I’m
talking candle lit baths, incense, good books, fragrant scented bath
products, body lotions, moisturisers and most importantly, having a chance to
take a step back from the constant flux of the world.
Ever find yourself
coming back late at night and you reach out for the makeup wipes avoiding water
contact and cleansing procedures? For someone who has on and off problematic
skin, I have concluded that more attention needs to be focused on my skincare
efforts. I have always religiously used Clearasil Clean & Clear Facial Wash
which you can buy in any drug store; it is an inexpensive product amounting to
only £4.99. I tend to use it every morning and evening just before I go to bed.
My skin is overly sensitive and I have never had any issues with this product
so I would fully recommend it. Up until now, I have been utterly useless with facial cleansers. I would make attempts of incorporating
them into my skincare routine and then half a week later, I would neglect the
products and forget they existed. Shame on me, I know. However, we are 22 days
into January and this has changed all thanks to the fact, I have now been reunited
with my beloved and well trusted TeaTree oil Cleansing & Toning Lotion. I
simply cannot understand how I managed to live without this product. In the
past I used to buy the Body Shop version, however, I have now switched to the
slightly cheaper version bought from my local drugstore. I apply it after
washing my face and then do the same just before I go to
bed giving it time to clean my pores and work its magic. It has kept my skin clear, feeling fresh and revitalised. Top marks to
TeaTree oil.
Next, I want to talk
about body lotions and my favourite discoveries at affordable prices. My
biggest discovery was the diverse range of absolutely divine fragrances of
products available in the Marks & Spencer beauty range. The body lotions, shower
gels and body scrubs are my ultimate favourite and they are oh, so cheap. Over
the years I have accumulated masses of them, in all the different scents
which makes decision time every evening a tricky challenge. My personal
favourite is the strawberry smelling body lotion, oh, also the lemon one, the
coconut butter one etc, etc... I guess I simply take pride in smelling like a
delicious fruit bowl. The scents are from the heavens and who doesn’t want to
smell good enough to eat? If I fancy a change for the M&S range, after
testing a vast array of different lotions ranging from Marc Jacobs to Soap
& Glory, the winner for me will always be Ted Baker products. I absolutely love them and they are a true
essential for me. So if you have not already tried the range, please buy them and then thank me later.
Smothering ourselves in wonderfully scented products and taking pride in how we treat our skin is key for making us feel fantastic every day of the week. At cheap prices we have no excuses at
all. 2015 has far brought out a far more girly side to me. I am now devoted to giving
myself regular manicures and am now a face pack fanatic, who'd have thought? So far, these slight
changes as well as incorporating a more relaxed yet focused outlook on life have really made a difference for me. To give yourself time out to relax is
important for our mind-set. Nowadays, life can sometimes feel overwhelming with the bombardment of constant deadlines and lots of commitments. Often we reach a point where we
feel that we are close to losing our own identity. That is why finding the balance around our busy schedules is
important.
Light some candles. Run a deep bath. Put your favourite record on. Watch a movie. Read your favourite book. Pamper yourself and rejoice in 'me time' every so often.
No comments:
Post a Comment