Sunday, 25 January 2015

A Breeze of the Season









I am lucky enough to have places minutes away from my doorstep that exceed all words of expression, truly beautiful on an unimaginable scale. Yesterday, myself and my wonderful friends had a very outdoor based day. Wrapped up warm in multiple layers, we decided to fully make the most of the blue skies and sparkling sun, walking through some of the most mystical hidden places. The photos above were taken at a private lake, which fills me with nostalgia from the last time we visited many moons ago. The amount of change within 7 or so years is extraordinary. Yet the timeless state of the surroundings stays preserved, never changing except with the breeze of the seasons.

Paddling across a lake while sporting faux fur, really does present the practicality of my clothing for things. Nonetheless, it made me feel like I was in the boat scene from The Notebook, thankfully without the downpour of rain. Fortunately, there were no titanic incidences and after a while of simply paddling around in circles some progress was to be made, though rather minimal. Here it was concluded that this would be the best place to take some photos for my blog. The changes of lighting from the afternoon sun, ranging from cool tones to orange based tones made the photos all look very interesting.

I am wearing a very casual outfit for myself; suede high-waisted shorts, a turtle neck and faux fur coat. I was wearing some pointed brogue style shoes prior to the walk but they were not highly suitable so I opted for the more sensible option of wellingtons. Though it must be pointed out that mine are not any old wellington boots but they are ones with a wedged heel. A perfect buy for festivals especially for those of you who want to gain an inch more of height. I am wearing a polka dot hair scarf, pearl earrings and a statement no’7 red lipstick. I have kept my hair in its natural state due to lack of effort and uncertainty of how to style a fringe that is well due a cut so that explains the mess of it. I have been more aesthetically interested in styles from the 50’s, so I am trying to infuse more of these fashion influences into my own personal style.

After the photos, we indulged in tea and cake followed by a very cosy evening huddled up next to a fire in a local pub. Days like this are truly special, making you truly appreciate not only the beauty of nature but the beauty of close friendship. For those who know me, know that I am adverse to expressions of feelings. Therefore, I am going to avoid ending this post on overly sweet note like the last sentence by diluting it with this ramble.

Much love


No comments:

Post a Comment