Wednesday, 17 December 2014

Bare Brocade

I have always vowed to myself that by the time I hit twenty, I will gradually dress more and more like a lady from the 50s. The things I would do to simply be able to stroll around in a full circle skirt without people assuming I am off to a wedding. I will never understand how formality is viewed negatively by some people. Formal clothing is what I live for. It is a fact for those who know me, that I will dress up for any opportunity, even if that simply is a trip to the doctors or a walk to the post box. I am sure that makes me an incredibly sad human being but getting dressed is honestly one of my favourite parts of the day.

I have concluded I would prefer to be overdressed for an occasion than underdressed. Whereas some people have a radiance that shines through them, I feel that if I arrived making no effort at all, people would probably be confused and suggest that a horror movie casting is not where I am. The whole process of getting ready for an event is truly satisfying, even if the end result is not what was initially desired. We are now in the Christmas season which provides the opportunity to go all out and wear all those flamboyant pieces that have been awaiting their moment to shine. While some go for bombardments of glitter, sequins and anything sparkly, this year, I am opting for classic styles.


Styled with a faux fur collar coat


Skirt Details
First outtake


Full outfit



For this look, I have kept accessories to a bare minimum making the focal point the brocade styled skirt. The richly decorated fabric with a slight metallic sheen is the staple piece of the outfit. I personally adore how the metallic threads subtly catch the light as you walk making it a suitable piece for day time and evening events. A fitted top matched against the flare of the full skirt creates a perfectly womanly and timeless silhouette which I believe is flattering for all shapes and sizes. I have completed the look with my beloved Biba shoes which have a low heel meaning that walking is effortless minimising the risk of toppling over after a few drinks. I hope you all have an absolutely tremendous Christmas.

Much love

X



Credits: Photographer Mollie Clothier

1 comment: