We all have those
mornings where there never seems to be enough time. In fact, every morning is
like that for me. I always seem to be in search for that one item of clothing
and end up emptying the entire contents of my wardrobe. Usually I am left
succumbed to defeat as I stand among a sea of fabrics which look exactly the
same. At this point, one tends to realise how many black clothes you've accumulated. In these rushed and panic stricken situations, I almost always
resort to wearing all black and wait for the vampire/gothic related comments to
begin. A true life saviour for those who are not morning people are sunglasses;
shielding dark eye circles and lazy makeup. They also make you more
unapproachable. People assume you have had a heavy night when realistically,
you were wrapped up at home on a Netflix binge. Little do they know.
Sometimes I try to
rock the whole 'groupie gone wrong' image where you literally wear all your favourite
items at once. I personally adore this look. It even makes dodgy looking hair
and smeared makeup acceptable because 'it was supposed to look like it'. Pure
genius. The look usually involves lots of fur, large hats, mismatched fabrics
and a bold lip to distract attention from the rest of your face. Today was one
of those days. In the image above I am wearing an over-sized vintage
lace shirt which has the most adorable Victorian styled buttons and intricate
detailing. I wore it with a high-waisted skirt and the most spectacular velvet
boots your eyes have ever seen. Sadly I did not capture the boots but the beauties
deserve a blog post on their own so keep your eyes peeled! The outfit was
accessorised with a sage feather styled scarf which reminds me of a lavish
feather bower and an oversized Fedora purchased last year from
H&M.
Makeup wise I decided to stick with my usual skin care routine but opted to experiment with my new Bare Minerals pallete. The pallete contains two blushes, a selection of six eyeshadows and two lip colours, inclusive of brushes. It comes in a small silver case with a closing zip making it ideal to pop into your handbag as it covers all your beauty essentials. The products are concentrated but blend immaculately on your skin. What's wonderful about the products are that a little goes a long way, saving you time as well as product!
That is all for now.
X

There is never enough time in the mornings for me either! LOL! Love your look! The hat and the lambswool scarf is stunning!
ReplyDeleteRebecca
www.winnipegstyle.ca
Thank you! Oh you are too kind! X
Delete