Thursday, 3 September 2015

The Godly Extravogance of a Chanel Victory

Too perfect for words?


Military style boots fit for Kings.




The victoriana high necks and lace detailing are absolutely beautiful.

I can confirm that I fell unconditionally and irrevocably in love with this quite spectacular AW15 collection from Chanel. I am struggling to even express in words how on point each element is. The gold embroidered detailing relaunches an immediate feel of 60s art nouveau. The contrast of gold, black and red are the ultimate riches of a combination. They strike an instant feel of extravagance and prosperity. The designs draw together Victoriana and military influences especially with use of high necks, ruffled cuffs and Hendrix-esque tailoring of jackets.

I can only long to have similar items like this in my wardrobe but maybe not at the Chanel price - but one day perhaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment