For all you 60s lovers, I introduce to you Grunten Mode. The dress designs will instantly have you reaching into your purse, making some cheeky but completely justified purchases. Ever since setting my eyes on the dresses, I knew that they belonged in my wardrobe. The sad reality is that it is a true rarity to stumble across high quality dresses in a 60s style that actually get it right. So Grunten Mode instantly ticked all my boxes.
The dress I picked is black with angel sleeves and victoriana detailing at the front. It is a party must have. The very on trend victoriana vibe is even extremely popular on the AW15 catwalks this season. I’ve always loved it because it’s classy, sophisticated but also very cute. I adore high necks, the occasional ruffled front and flared sleeves. The dress makes me want to give off witchy goth godmother vibes. I took influence of the seventies goth child queen, that is the iconic Stevie Nicks. Her carefree way of layering clothes; rocking bohemian silhouettes, angel sleeves, and ruffles. I love her style because she had no boundaries and this shined through her image.
The piece was immaculately packaged, with ribbons and the most delightful little personal note from the designer and creator Sara. I asked Sara a few questions about her love and passion for the brand and here is what she had to say about it:
Alice: So who are your biggest influences?
Sara: My biggest influences are definitely the space age designers André Courréges and Rudi Gernreich. I love that science bases their dresses: construction, geometry, the golden cut, experimenting with new materials. That's the straightness I adore. But I'm fascinated by dresses that are dreamy, too. I love bell sleeves, ruffles and lace. Psychedelic fashion elements are so adorable dandy-like and victorian - I can't resist using their elements too.
![]() |
| André Courréges designs |
Alice: What fascinates you about the 60s?
Sara: It’s the music and the style. But it all started with the music. When I began listening to 60s music I found myself. Just imagine a little girl listening to this in her room https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nd-qtPHx8E and suddenly seeing everything clear. Probably you can feel what happend! This feeling is what fascinates me so much.
Alice: I completely agree with you, plus what an amazing band! What are three words that sum up your most recent collection?
To buy the dress on etsy: Grunten Mode Black 1960s Dress
Click here for the website Grunten Mode and I really recommend you all check it out. Also have a look on Grunter Mode etsy shop here.The dresses are so dreamy and of such an immaculate quality. Go and treat yourself.
Amazing photography done by the talented: David PD Hyde, click here for his website.
Amazing photography done by the talented: David PD Hyde, click here for his website.
















No comments:
Post a Comment