Why has it become a problem in our generation to be sensitive? I have always prided myself on my sensitivity. It has made me more open and understanding to many situations I have been in. If anything, I would class it as a true asset. Yes, sometimes it doesn't feel like a desirable trait but what is wrong with properly 'feeling' and being grateful for things. I am sick of feeling like it's a drawback. I'm sick of feeling like it sets me apart from the majority of people in the world. Why should us sensitive souls be made to feel that it's a crime to feel?
I recently read this quote and it seemed oh so relatable.
"Being tender and open is beautiful. As a woman, I feel continually shhh'ed. Too sensitive. Too mushy. Too wishy washy. Blah blah. Don't let someone steal your tenderness. Don't allow the coldness and fear of others to tarnish your perfectly vulnerable beating heart. Nothing is more powerful than allowing yourself to truly be affected by things. Whether it's a song, a stranger, a mountain, a rain drop, a tea kettle, an article, a sentence, a footstep, feel it all - look around you. Take it and have gratitude. Give it and feel love." Zooey Deschanel
It is a rare, honest and extremely special quality. We should never feel like it is a burden upon us. In fact, it is a true blessing. To want to care for all, to want to spread love and happiness is what more people should be doing. I feel like nowadays it is actually an exceedingly challenging task to stumble across genuine people. That in itself deeply saddens me. Too many people are engulfed in their own egos, their own jealousy, their own toxic attitudes. It seems like there are more people out there who would prefer to see you be happily knocked down than rise and fulfil your dreams. I hope one day this changes. I hope one day more people will see the world through my eyes.
I agree 100%. Being sensitive is partly what makes me feel alive, I have a heart that beats, feels, aches. I have also learnt to recognize genuine people as I get older and have no interest in humans that lack compassion. The world is in pretty bad shape nowadays, it is up to all of us to change it for the better.
ReplyDeleteIt makes you see the world in a beautiful way, allowing you to find the positives even in the most darkest of situations. We can see the light in people through all their flaws. It can be deemed as a torturous curse making us susceptible to pain but I honestly think I would prefer to feel than to be in blinding ignorance. People who are selfish and lack compassion are not needed. They will reach a point in their lives when they long for a circle of people around them who care and will always care. I like to believe that karma will always work it's magic
Delete