Monday, 9 November 2015

Velveteen



It is that time of year when Halloween has passed and Morticia Addams has once again evoked an inner craving for me to look more and more gothic. I utterly adore black clothing; it's classy, flattering and suitable for all occasions. You can never get it wrong, well, admittedly you can but it would be a fairly challenging task...I have been really into mixing up a lot of textures lately, the combination of crushed velveteen and smooth satin is a match made in heaven. 

Many friends who have a similar skin tone to me have said how they often avoid black clothes at fear they will look more pale. I believe the contrast actually works in our favour and arms with a bold red lip, the overall look couldn't be more striking. For this look I am wearing no makeup asides from a kiko lipstick, keeping the look simple and fresh.


Photography: Joanna Wierzbicka


1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    Greetings from CKORD, NYC based music discovery platform. We love your work and hope you'll return back to writing.

    Hope to hear back from you - Mark

    ReplyDelete